রবিবার, ২৭ ডিসেম্বর, ২০০৯

Tigers unchanged

Bangladesh have kept faith in the same eleven that crushed Zimbabwe in the first match of the Grameenphone Cup series for tomorrow’s second ODI at Bulawayo’s Queens Sports Club. The Tigers chased down the target of 208 with eight wickets and 15.3 overs to spare with Mohammad Ashraful hitting a majestic unbeaten 103.

“As I am no longer the captain therefore I have got to perform with the bat if I want to keep my place in the side. I did struggle in the Test series in the West Indies but got some runs in the ODIs. This innings would further boost my confidence,” said Ashraful who also acknowledged the support from the team.

“My teammates, management, coaching staff…everyone backed me and encouraged me when I was not among the runs. They kept telling me that I would be rewarded for my hard work soon. I am really thankful to them,” said Ashraful who became the first Bangladeshi batsman to reach 3000 ODI runs during the course of his innings.

The Tigers trained for nearly three hours at the Queens Sports Club today.

Tomorrow’s match starts at 2:30pm Bangladesh Standard Time. TEN Sports and Bangladesh Television are going to telecast the game live.

Teams

Zimbabwe (probable): Prosper Utseya (Captain), Hamilton Masakdaza, Mark Vermeulen, Sean Williams, Charles Coventry, Chamu Chibhabha, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Sean Williams, Elton Chigumbura, Raymond Price, Ed Rainsford.

Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan (Captain) Tamim Iqbal, Zunaed Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Roqibul Hassan, Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper/Vice Captain), Mahmud Ullah, Naeem Islam, Enamul Haque Jr., Syed Rasel, Nazmul Hossain

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন