সোমবার, ২৮ ডিসেম্বর, ২০০৯

We are a more disciplined side: Utseya

DHAKA: Zimbabwe skipper Prosper Utseya, man of the match Raymond Price and Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful at the post-match media briefing.

PROSPER UTSEYA

How difficult it was to chase the target of 125
We knew that the wicket would do a little bit especially with the new ball so we needed guys to apply themselves and one batsman in the top four to bat through and others could bat around him. We need the batting to improve. I think we are letting ourselves down in batting I don’t think chasing 125 we should be winning by two wickets.

The pitch for today’s match
To be honest to me it actually looked like a good batting wicket but the wickets over here are very deceiving and in the end I thought it was a good toss to lose.

The difference between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe
I think we are a more disciplined side and if we continue to be like that then we should win the series.

RAYMOND PRICE

On his strengths as a bowler
I think it is the patience. You have to be patient at all times in cricket and I am also lucky because of the kind of fielders we have. They make my job a lot easier. I focus on bowling every ball on the off stump. And also I guess the variation.

On his match-winning batting today
I am very happy. I think I have been an underachiever with the bat. It was very important that we concentrated today. It is important to take it game by game and ball by ball and not get ahead of yourself and play positive cricket.

Whether he misses Test cricket
Very much. Test cricket is fantastic and it improves everybody. You have to be brave in Test cricket and you got to enjoy it. I sorely miss it but we got to make sure that we get the basics right first and then get back to it.

MOHAMMAD ASHRAFUL

On the decision to bat first
I had told the players and the coach before going out to toss that we would bat first if I call correctly. The wicket looked hard and I thought if we survive the first ten overs then we would be able to post something like 220 which can be defended on this track. But we soon realized that this was probably a 160-170 pitch and we wanted to get there. Unfortunately the top-order failed again and we had the impossible task of defending 124. The pitch remained difficult longer than we had anticipated.

On not opting for a spinner to bowl the last over with Zimbabwe needing six runs
We discussed our options and I did speak to the spinners (Naeem Islam and Mahmud Ullah) but probably their confidence level was not quite right and we had seen that the Zimbabwean batters at the crease were not too comfortable with pace. You have got to remember that these guys are very new in international cricket and given a bit of time they’ll have the confidence to bowl in such situations but at the moment the bowling is not our problem. The bowlers have been magnificent for a number of matches now.

Why the top-order failed yet again
I guess it was the pressure of not being able to score. They bowled a superb line and we couldn’t get the score ticking.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন