শুক্রবার, ১১ ডিসেম্বর, ২০০৯

Worcestershire sign Shakib Al Hasan

Worcestershire have signed Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan as their overseas player. Shakib is the first Bangladesh player to be signed by a county and will join the team in 2010 following the conclusion of the tour of England, subject to completion of visa arrangements.

"I am delighted to be joining Worcestershire in 2010. I followed county cricket as a young player growing up and the opportunity to fulfill one of my ambitions by playing as an overseas player in England is one that excites me greatly," Shakib said. "I consider it a huge honour to be the first Bangladeshi overseas player in county cricket and can't wait to give my all for the club on the field.

"County cricket has traditionally been the stage for the world's best players and it is a matter of great pride for me to be associated with a club that has an overwhelming history and had been home to so many legendary cricketers. Particularly as an allrounder, I am thrilled and inspired to be joining the team once graced by Ian Botham, Imran Khan and Kapil Dev.

Steve Rhodes, Worcestershire's director of cricket, was delighted with the signing of the top-ranked allrounder in ODIs. "I have been following his [Shakib's] progress for some time and it is clear to me that he is a very good player. His current ICC rankings prove this and I know he is hungry for success. His all-round skills will be a great boost to our young team for the business end of the season."

Shakib captained his country to its first ever overseas Test win earlier this year, against a depleted West Indies side. He filled in after the regular captain Mashrafe Mortaza had to pull out of the tour due to injury. Shakib slammed an unbeaten 96 in the Grenada Test and also picked up the Man-of-the-Series prize for his 13 wickets.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন