National Sports Council Bhaban (NSC Bhaban)
62/3, Purana Paltan, Dhaka – 1000
Telephone :+88-02-9560369,Fax :+88-02-9563304
General Moeen U Ahmed, ndc,psc Contact Number: +8802 8752000/8752001
Vice President : Maj. General Ashabuddin, ndc,psc, Khandaker Jamil Uddin, Mizanur Rahman Manu, Mushfeka Iqfat and Sirajul Islam Bachchu
General Secretary :
Kutubuddin Ahmed Contact Number: +88-02-9560369
Joint Sectary : Lt. Cdr. A.K. Sarker (Retd), Ferdows Ara Khanam and Md. Anisur Rahman (1)
Treasurer : Md. Sanaul Haque
Members : Abdul Awal Mojnu, Md. Abdul Quader, Khandaker Hasan Munir, Md. Hasanullah Khan Rana, Wing. Cdr. Mohiuddin Ahmed (Retd), Mahmudul Islam Rana, Adv. Md. Monirul Haque Bachchu, Mosharrof Hossain Shamim, N.S. Ishrafil, Parvez Hasan, Kazi Rajib Uddin Ahmed Chapal, Md. Nazrul Islam, K.U. Aksir, Lily Aziz, Asaduzzaman Khasru, Ashraf-Ud-Dowla, Kamrun Nahar Dana, Lt. Col. A.K.M. Golam Rabbani, psc, Md. Haiyul Kayyum, Md. Anisur Rahman (2), Md Jubaidur Rahman Rana and Jobaira Rahman Linu
Description : Aims and Objectives :
The Bangladesh Olympic Association shall have, among others, following Aims and Missions:
- to develop and protect the Olympic movement in Bangladesh, in accordance with the Olympic charters;
In order fulfil BOA’s mission, the BOA may co-operate with government or non-government bodies. However, BOA must never associate them selves with any activity which would be in contradiction with the Olympic Charter;
- to propagate the principles of Olympism at national level within the framework of sports activity and otherwise contribute, among other things, to the diffusion of Olympism in the teaching programmes of physical education and sport in schools and university establishments. Creating of institutions which devote themselves to Olympic education. In particular, the establishment and activities of National Olympic Academies, Olympic Museums and cultural programmes relates to the Olympic Movement.
- to ensure the development and promotion of the sport in general;
- to observe and enforce the Rules as laid down in the Olympic Charter;
- to disseminate among young people and interest in sport and a sporting spirit;
- to organize together with the respective national federations the preparation and selection of athletes, thereby ensuring that Bangladesh is represented at the Olympic Games, as well as at regional (SAFF), continental and international games having the patronage of the lOC;
- to undertake the organization of these Games when they are held in Bangladesh;
- to submit proposals to the international Olympic Committee with regard to the Olympic Charter, the Olympic Movement in general as well as the organization and conduct of the Olympic games;
- to work to maintain harmonious and cooperative relations with appropriate government bodies for designing and implementing a sound sports policy in Bangladesh.
- to safeguard its absolute autonomy in line with Olympic Charter and resist any out side pressure including those of a political, religious or economic nature that may prevent BOA from complying with Olympic Charter.
- to fight against the use of substances and procedures prohibited by the IOC or the IFs and in this regards, to ensure the observance of the Olympic Movement anti doping code which provisions shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to all persons and competitions under the BOA jurisdiction;
- to promote and participate in various social, cultural, educational, philatelic fine arts and environmental outreach programmes related to Olympic Movement.
- to help in the training athletes, coaches and sports administrators through courses to promote developments of games and sports in Bangladesh and also to propagate the fundamental principles of Olympism through participation in the programmes of Olympic Solidarity;
- to promote fair play and take actions against any form of discrimination and violence in games and sports on grounds of race, religion, politics, sex or otherwise;
- to organize the quadrennial national sports festival known as the Bangladesh Games;
- to liaise between IOC and NFs and also IFs and NFs when required;
- to raise funds for carrying out the above aims and objective of BOA.